Sunday, July 19, 2009

Denver's Fashion







I decided to attend the Fashion Denver Market Splash (all the pics put up are from their website)last Saturday July 11th, but had to wait to post this blog until they put up the pictures. Anyways I am now an intern for Mona Lucero, a local Denver designer and I feel compelled to saturate myself with the Denver fashion scene, because if I realize I really enjoy fashion, non hobby type, then I will pursue a job in it. Ideally being a PR, like Whitney on the City, for Oscar de la Renta. That would be ideal. UGH! So I am beginning to learn what I need to about the industry.




Back to Fashion Denver: Most of the looks are "Denver" looks though there were some looks that I most definitely would rock (see pics above), and I bought 2 dresses from the market, I like to support local artists. So anyways 3 people stood out to me while at the showcase. The first is a young designer her fashion name is Rae Marie. Her stuff is beautiful she has a talent and I was so happy to be able to speak to her and tell her "You are very talented." Second was Lourdes Rios she is an already established designer that sells in boutiques around the US. However her stuff was impecable and to see the stuff and say "That is such a Pam dress" love it! Then there was a girl named Baily Rose. She recycles fabrics and other material that can be reused. I bought a dress that she created out of 2 scarves, the colors are rich and just cool, the plus of her designs is that I can convert the dress into whatever I want. I did it with my back out and as a halter. Very cool. (I will post pics of the things I wore in my next blog on my sense of style versus what I want to interpret in the fashion industry.). Anyways I liked Fashion Denver and will be visiting their site in the very near future. The designers featured above are Rae Marie, Chasing Rainbows, Lourdes Rios and looks that were not attributed to the proper designer, I'm apologize for that.
Have a wonderful week and look for my next update.
Love!
Pam

1 comment:

  1. OMG that's awesome! I hope it works out for you! If you ever do get a PR job for de la Renta, can you get me a job too? ...you know, like when Whitney got Lauren the job at People's Revolution... hehehe

    love you!

    ReplyDelete