Sunday, August 9, 2009

Highs and Lows

So I haven't blogged in a while. Trying to accumulate excitement, it takes a couple weeks to find something to write about, go figure. Anyways life always has its highs and lows and there is usually nothing you can do but accept them. So today's blog is not about sad times for Pam but happy times. I am blessed, I am still hurting, as expected, from the loss of my Grandma however I feel like the way things turned for me worked in the best.
Let me explain: If you remember my earlier posts about the loss of my Grandma and how I decided to pursue an internship, well I am doing the internship. And I am learning a lot. There are 5 key things I am learning:
1. Aesthetic is different however the appreciation of the creation is what counts.
2. The non-glamorous side of fashion is much more rewarding when done in the right spirit.
3. Your passion for fashion is contagious and evident by the way you present yourself, physically, mentally and spiritually.
4. Having a point of view is important, it makes people know you care and are paying attention.
5. Be aware of the the environments you are entering be it, buying for a store, helping with a fashion show, or helping at a future photo shoot, be prepared to read people's moods to know what to say and when to say it.
Some of these are obvious but some are not. Fashion is about egos, aesthetic and power. Thinking it is just clothing is naive. The complexities of working in fashion excites me though. I love it, I love helping out and even cleaning up the wine some winner spilled because they are too drunk to hold their cup correctly. I feel that by doing the lowly work I will appreciate the higher up "glamorous" positions. So that is all for now. Till next time love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're discovering the ins and out of the fashion world with an open mind and are appreciating the not-so-glamorous facets of it. #5 is a great point... if you want to get somewhere high up, you have to start somewhere "down there."

    Thanks for sharing, I'm learning from you!

    ReplyDelete