Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No Day But Today

So tonight I had the opportunity to go see Rent with my friend Tara. She had told me that if we could we should see it tonight and tomorrow night. I said sure! Then she sent me a text saying she was mega tired and would I mind if we just go tomorrow since we already had tickets. I said that is fine and I would see her later. Then I went downtown to buy shoes and possibly a bra. Found awesome shoes at payless (had the BOGO sale) and was making my way home. Tara called me and was asking if I would want to go, I told her I was still downtown, she lives downtown near the theater, so I told her I could be at her house VERY soon because I was one block away. When we got there a lady actually gave us one ticket for FREE! Then the only problem was we needed one more and preferably next to one another. Tara is in a wheelchair and so we needed to find an accessible seat for her. That was tricky all of the balcony cheap seats were sold out and they only had the mezzanine seats for $72 bucks. We both decided NO that is way too expensive. So now we are standing there with one ticket trying to give it away when the caller guy comes out and says we did have options. She and I decided no to those options but then one of the manager guys said he could figure something out. Well we had awesome mezzanine seats for only $45 bucks and had an amazing time. I love musical theater and today was a real crap day for me. Just felt low and sad. But seeing Rent with 2 of the original cast members, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal, was amazing. I had n amazing time with Tara and can't wait to go again. That is all for now. Here is a nice treat. Enjoy!
Love
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment