Saturday, February 6, 2010

To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.



For a few years I've been obsessed with smokey eyes. Season after season I see designers, stylists etc. making a bold statement with this look. So for this installation I decided to venture into the smokey eye category. I bought a baked black eyeshadow from Sally Beauty Supply along with my Rimmel eye shadow set and decided to go to town one night.
My inspiration for this interpretation of the smokey eyes comes from 2 sources, 1) The Revlon ad featuring Jessica Biel and 2) The back album cover of Nancy Wilson's greatest hits album. I wanted to get the same dramatic beauty both of these women give. I believe Nancy Wilson has a similar skin color to mine, so I found it useful to see how they mixed the colors on her. The Jessica Biel campaign was great because I loved the mixture of the colors and how they placed a lighter yet rich color on top of the black.
The black shadow I used, as you see, has a shimmer to it. I liked the contrast of the purple to my skin and the rest of my face, I am becoming obsessed with blush!
How do you think I did, was it a major FAILURE or was it an accomplishment?

1 comment:

  1. Accomplishment. Good job! It's better than my accidental version called "going to bed with eye makeup already on"

    ReplyDelete